5.08.2010

Who Gonna Hustle Like Me?!?

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. ~Abraham Lincoln

Even as far back as the Lincoln days, ole' honest Abe knew the importance of HUSTLE. I'd say it proved successful for him-he's considered one of the best presidents in history after all!!! The dictionary defines hustle as "getting by trying hard". I define hustle as "getting by DOING hard". (Nothing beats a "try" like a "DO"!) I feel like when I was in L.A. I was always surrounded by "the hustle". EVERYBODY was hustling ALL THE TIME! The industry there is serious and there's a gazillion people equally as qualified as you are that have all the same credentials. Now that I'm in New Orleans, there is a WHOLE 'nother type of hustle. There is a huge music scene here - so many emerging talents it is ridiculous. It is so much going on, so many ways for someone with my career experience to get involved. I want to just sit back and watch but my hustle won't let me! LOL! I've landed smack dab in the middle of a talent explosion. You think I'm gonna wait for the leftovers?!?!?



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin