WOW! 2010 is upon us. I'm pretty late. I thought on December 30 that I'd be so stoked for the New Year. But on December 31, I hit a wall of funk. I've not been myself and have really been trying to "snap out of it". A lot of my favorite bloggers are doing 101 things in 1001 days - it is a project/challenge where you choose 101 things you want to accomplish. Unlike bucket lists, you don't have an unlimited amount of time to achieve these tasks - you get 1001 days (roughly 2.75 years). In an attempt to break my funk, I've created my list. So without further ado, here's my 101 things in no particular order. (I plan to report on these goals here on my blog.)Interested in the challenge? Click here for the official site.
DaVida Chanel's 101 Things In 1001 Days
Completion Date: Monday, October 8, 2012
First Update: Feb. 3
Second Update: March 27
Third Update: June 1
Fourth Update: July 22
Fifth Update: Sept 16
Third Update: June 1
Fourth Update: July 22
Fifth Update: Sept 16
Organize/re do my apartment(I put my bedroom where the living room was, made a den/living room in the area that was going to be my office and my old bedroom is the office.)
- Get my things from L.A. (I have boxes that are still in my friend's garage)
Find a job that allows me the time and financial security to pursue my passions(I started work as a production secretary on a television show, I still teach modeling/acting and am training for Director of Education and I do publicity for an artist on the verge of BLOWING UP!)
- Develop a healthier lifestyle (better eating habits; become more physically active)
- Meditate daily
- Find a spiritual home here in New Orleans (I LOVED my "church" in L.A. and haven't found anything like it here; I feel disconnected and want to be a part of a spiritual family)
- Repair my credit (pay off Discover once and for all!)
- Pay off my car (and don't go get another one!)
Pay off my State of California traffic violations(this will be complete on Friday, April 2!!!) Get my side view mirror repaired(this has made driving soo much better!)
- Get a MAC computer and FinalCutPro
Get a video camera(my client gave me a flip cam; I love it! It takes away excuses of why I'm not shooting stuff) Make short films to cultivate my storytelling and editing skills(with the flip cam I've been doing fun little 2-3 minute movies/clips)
- Take an acting class
Join a writer's group(I'm in a writer's group!!!!! It started in August of 2010!! EXCITING!)
- Find a cause I believe in and spend time volunteering for it
- Write a viable business plan for DaVida Chanel Productions, LLC
Improve the layout for my blog(It's coming!!! Springcart is on the job...my new blog/website is coming soon! Don't worry, this one will still be up until it's ready!)
- Attract more readers to my blog
Implement a skin car regimen that works(I've been on this one! I started the month with a facial -plan to do one monthly-and have beefed up my home skincare routine!) Drink 8 glasses of water EVERY day PERIOD(I've been doing VERY well w/this one! I found my 32 oz water bottle and I fill it everyday before work. I drink it twice a day!)
- Become more familiar with the vitamins my body needs and take them
Work on my sense of personal style(this one is ongoing but instead of working against my body type, I've been working with it!) Work out my ATT issues so I can get internet at my apartment(DONE!!! They came and fixed it on Wednesday, April 24!) Get Netflix
- Join (or start) a group for A Course In Miracles (actually a spiritual book group)
Fill my home with inspiring words and images (vision boards, quotes, pictures, etc)(I've got several cool things up!) See my Granny at least twice a month(My new job in her area means I'll see her basically everyday).
- Visit Toronto
- Visit South America (part fun - Argentina/Brazil; part service trip - Peru)
- Be abstinent for 365 days (I know I can do it and I'll write a blog entry to explain why)
Read "Think and Grow Rich"
- Read "The Audacity of Hope"
- Read "Story"
- Read "In the Blink of An Eye"
- Read "The Invisible Man"
- Read "The Catcher in the Rye"
- Read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
- Read "The Undiscovered Self"
- Read "The Power of Intention"
- Read "The 40 Day Mind Fast Soul Feast"
- See "Schindler's List"
- See "Gone with the Wind"
- See "Annie Hall"
- See "Chinatown"
- See "Field of Dreams"
- See "Hav Plenty"
See "All About Eve"saw this on Jan. 27 and LOVED it!!
- See "Thin Blue Line"
- See "Pirates of the Caribbean" series (I know I know, I'm WAY late on these)
- See "Lolita"
- Learn to swim (SERIOUSLY!!! No more playing with this one!!)
- Learn to make spaghetti sauce from scratch
Host a small dinner party in my homeI've done well with this one-I had my women's power group over and also hosted my friends for the BET Awards! Become a published writer (this has been on my list for SOME time; time to submit articles!)My articles have been published on urbanorleans.com and other sites!!! Upon waking up in the morning, write down the previous night's dreamsBecoming VERY regimented with this one-one of my favorite activities.
- Give myself weekly mani/pedi's
Have a soul reading with Maryann RussellDone! And I must say life changing!
- Buy a bike and actually ride it!
- Let my hair grow long because it simply looks better long! (This one will be a tough one because I get feelings and go chop my hair-I want to let it grow over these 1001 days! Only getting my ends trimmed!)
- Take my little sister to NYC for a weekend for her graduation - she's set to graduate in 2011!
- Write and produce a stage play (this one in the works!)
- Meet the daughters of three of my good friends and the husband of a fourth (I'm long overdue on this one!)
- Write a letter to my future self (the me I shall be at the end of this decade). Then use futureme.org to automatically send myself the letter (read this in the Oprah mag)
- Drive to Destin, Florida alone and have a few days of R&R and self reflection
- Complete my documentary and enter it into film festivals
Find a dentist in New OrleansYES! Proud patient of Dr. Ken Launey!
- Do another nightlife mixer event (the first one kind of shell shocked me but I've got to try again)
- Visit the national World War II Museum (since it IS right up the street!)
- See the "Disney Dreams Come True" exhibit at NOMA before it leaves (it is here until March 14, 2010)
Get back into public speaking (seek more opportunities to speak in front of groups)I helped Kourtney Heart with her "Kourtney's Little Princesses" event. I got to speak to a group of young girls! Felt good.
- Find a workout I really enjoy (I don't work out consistently because I simply don't like it! There's got to be SOME physical activity I could enjoy!)
- Have a mammogram
- Do the Denise Ford 21 Day Consciousness Cleanse
Seek professional help for my abandonment issuesThe Maryann Russell convo put that one to rest!
- Become 100 percent drug free
- Eat breakfast EVERY day PERIOD
- Meet Oprah
- Meet Will Smith
- Find a female mentor (I have a ton of AWESOME mentors but they are all male; I need to connect with a woman that is older than me. I think that would be highly beneficial)
- Clip and use coupons for household needs
- See WICKED when it comes to New Orleans (absolute FAVORITE play!!!)
- Adopt a pet ( I want a kitten!)
- Study a foreign language (I want to learn Portugese but I don't know Spanish so I guess I have to start there?)
Get renter's insuranceI'm insured!
- See Kanye West in concert
- See Corinne Bailey Rae in concert
See John Mayer in concert- Saw him on March 10 and he was AWESOME!
- See Adele in concert
See Jay Electronica in concert
- See Dr. John in concert
- See Erykah Badu in concert ... again
- Fill in the blanks on my list and post it on the official 101 things 1001 days site
- Get a new tattoo
- Watch entire series of The Wire
- Submit proposal to Sundance for documentary funding
- Donate blood at least once annually
Get a new website/rather get my website redesignedBeing worked on right now!!!!
- Write a memoir (to be added as I explore more of what it is I want to accomplish)
Well, that's my list for now. Writing (typing) this has really helped my funk. Seeing things I want to do and accomplish (big and small) have been really helpful in seeing what it is I want to get done. Deep breath...I can do this man!!!!
So what do you think of the 101 idea? I'd love to see your list - please share!!!