12.12.2009

My Thoughts on Infidelity

Deep breath.

Ok, I can do this. I am officially making a statement about infidelity.

This one is tough as I don't know that many people will agree with me. (People usually get where I'm coming from but this is topic I can't quite get people to see my way.)

In light of all that is going on in the world, does it really matter that the husband of a woman I don't know really affect my life? Does it affect yours?

I'm sooooo so so soooo tired of the media covering the Tiger Woods situation. I obviously know who the man is and I applaud his professional accomplishments, but at the end of the day he is simply a man married to a woman and I don't know either one of them. I don't know his true character, his likes/dislikes or what he needs in a relationship. I never heard of her except the fact they were married. So who am I to judge what they decide to do at home or in the streets?

This situation has brought up many issues for me. I have always believed that marital issues should be resolved by the two people in the marriage. I would hope that people would be more compassionate to others. We've all screwed up before but when it comes to infidelity, people say the most "holier than though" things ever! This lady on CNN said the other night that Tiger should lose every endorsement and never be allowed to make money playing golf again. Really? In "real" life, I've heard women tell other women that they'd be stupid to stay with their husband who cheated. Craziest thing ever to me! Why would I (someone without a man)tell a woman with a man to leave especially if it was an issue they are working to resolve?!?!

I've never been married and have not been in a serious relationship for some time. But I've been cheated on and lied to by people I loved. Those experiences have molded me and shaped me into the person I am today. It hurt like hell at the time but I obviously made it through and am here today. When its all said and done, if a man left me, that meant he wasn't for me and with time, I moved on (and am currently not concerned with ANY of my ex-loves). I simply wish that in matters of infidelity people would allow the two people who are married and in the relationship to move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man where do I start? First off let me commend you for having the sacks (figuratively speaking) to relay the harsh reality of infidelity. Most people (women) often times voluntarily and consciously, are blind to this. As the author of the forthcoming memoir "Where You Went Wrong" which sole purpose is to inform my lovely nubian sisters on the repetitive mistakes they make in chosing a mate, this needs to be addressed and expressed, just as done in Davida's Blog, more. Oh the research I've done on this subject as well as a hint of personal experience that is so consistent a hundred times over. I could go on forever but to make a long story short, It's all about choice. Yes Tiger Woods is only a man and just like many before him, many after him and just like many of us, he allowed his body and mind to succumbed to the power of satan. Trust me, I'm no evangelist but I do know that as long as God is in the heart, the mind and body will eventually follow. Of course Tiger loves his wife, infidelity has nothing to do with love. No matter how many times I validate that statement, females won't accept it. That can't tell me that I'm wrong, they just won't submit to reality. Why, you ask, doesn't the culprit just come to you and tell you that he yearns to sample the nectar of another? The answer is simple. He loves Y-O-U, and knows that you will leave when and if you find out. Bottom line.
-Ray Nell-

Blog Widget by LinkWithin