10.28.2009

My First "Movie"

As you know I have a ton of creative ambitions. I want to make films - I want to tell stories that affect change and make people really think (and by make I want to produce, write, edit, all of it). It is of extreme importance to me to become abreast of the process of being a filmmaker. I want to learn everything I can. While in L.A., I worked with so many talented writers and saw how the story came together on the page. I decided that at this stage in my career, it was time to learn how to "show" the story. I am seeking all I can about the various programs to make films. A friend of mine shared his Adobe Premiere package (I can go to his office and practice). I was extremely fortunate that a workshop was being offered her in Final Cut Pro. I've learned so much in my time here! So I wanted to share with you my first ever "movie". It is a two minute story. Take a look and let me know your thoughts. (I know some of the transitions are cheesy but I had to for class!)

4 comments:

enorman said...

I love it D!!! I want to know more about his story too. So sad that 27 years of his life was taken away. Girl you are ON IT!!! I loved the music too. Congratulations producer, director, writer, and best friend! :)

Kendra Bracken-Ferguson said...

Davida!! Great job. This was really moving. I am so impressed! Thanks for sharing this. Keep it up.

Dina Best said...

Davida that was an excellent movie. So real and interesting. I want to so the rest. So provocative, made me think. Keep up the great work!

Karla said...

Good job, girl! Way to go! I like how you faded Indendence into "End".

Blog Widget by LinkWithin