11.01.2008

Hold the Vision

I am a HUGE college football fan. My favorite conferences are the SEC and Big Ten and I'm not so fond of the Big 12. Actually, the Big 12 is ok ... I just have a "thing" with UT. I think that Texas is overrated across the board in athletics and that in general they just act as if they are the best but are not. It is definitely a DaVida thing because most people love the University of Texas.
Today was a great day. I got to chill out all day. I watched a movie and then it was time for FOOTBALL. No. 1 UT was set to play No. 7 Texas Tech - both teams were undefeated going into today so this was THE game to watch. Going into halftime Texas Tech was up 22-6 but UT wasn't going out without a fight. With less than a minute left to go in the game, they were up by one touchdown. Texas Tech remained calm and with 8 seconds left, quarterback Graham Harrell connected with Michael Crabtree - he caught the 28 yard pass and ran it in for the TD! Texas Tech defeats the Longhorns YAY! But it was in the after game interview when the deeper meaning came to pass.
When the reporter asked Crabtree about the catch, he said "I know you won't believe me but I dreamed this. I saw it happen before it did!" WOW!
I often hear athletes or successful people say that they were able to see something happen before it actually happened in the physical. Crabtree was basically testifying to the spiritual principle of visioning. While visualization is a mental process governed by the reasoning or conscious mind, visioning is a spiritual process governed by intuition (the subconscious mind). Visualization kind of keeps us limited by our issues. Visioning doesn't care about the "what ifs" or the "I can't do that's". Visioning occurs for the child who grows up in poverty and lack of education to one day have a PhD. It can be seen in the stories of people who receive a high accolade and in their acceptance speech they say something like I always saw myself doing this. Visioning is what Crabtree discussed in his interview with the reporter tonight.
I've always had a vision of what my life would look like. That vision definitely didn't include unemployment and confusion over my next steps at the age of 32. But the good thing about visioning is that no matter what you hold the vision. When Texas Tech was down by a touchdown, Crabtree didn't focus on that, he just held onto his vision. His sharing of his dream with the reporter reminded me not to focus on what is going on around me right now. I have a vision that has been with me for as long as I can remember. It is my job to hold that vision no matter what and that is exactly what I plan to do.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin