1.19.2009

I Have A Dream


Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole
staircase.


Today is the day we remember and honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He had such a positive effect on race relations in America, and allowed many of the experiences I've had in life possible. I have friends of all races, religions and beliefs. I've been able to do all the things I've dreamed of career wise and I have been fortunate enough that my race has not been a determining factor in whether I can go along my path. The work Dr. King did made it possible for me to live the life I live today.


I feel that I owe it to him to dream my own dreams. I think that was a part of his message that is often overlooked. I think that we all have dreams that will uplift society and mankind. Today is a reminder of that and I look forward to seeing all of our dreams manifest.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin