7.28.2009

Carrie Fever ... On a Budget

So I've been trying to figure out what my life reminds me of. Surely I've seen this story before - talented girl, making her way in dating, love and career, doing it all with the help of her girls ...

Hmmm, sounds a lot like Carrie Bradshaw to me.

I didn't have HBO when Sex and the City first began as told here. When I finally sat down to watch the show, I fell in love with it. I felt I could relate to most of the characters but there was something extra-captivating about Carrie.
Maybe it is because she's a writer. Maybe because of her crazy relationship with Mr. Big. Maybe it was her awesome sense of original and eccentric style. Maybe it was because at one point she was pretty much broke. Whatever it was, I related to her. Now I feel like I'm living her life ... but on a budget ... and with no fab-o designer wadrobe ... oh and I know how to cook.
Lately I feel like I've made some huge mistake. I've taken some huge risks over the last year as it relates to my career. Those risks have not yet paid off leaving me feeling down and confused (and jobless at the moment which makes me scared and fearful). Carrie made a lot of mistakes during the show but she never quit. She kept going. I'm calling in my inner Carrie. Luckily, she left me tons of quotable clues for days like this ...

"As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and JUST KEEP GOING."

1 comment:

Karla said...

Mistakes? What mistakes? I think you've made some decisions based on heart and happiness instead of dolla-dolla bills. Don't worry, your time is a-comin'!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin