6.17.2008

Tonight, I'll Be One of "Those" Girls

I remember when I was at Purdue, we had gone over to a friend's place for the Super Bowl. Being the avid sports fan that I am, I remember being like UGH when these non-sports fan girls came over and wanted to change to Sex and the City during halftime. I remember thinking are they serious!?!?! Who watches any show, especially something so girly on the biggest sports night of the year!?!!? At the time I didn't have HBO and had never seen an episode of the show. Fast forward to years later when I moved to L.A. I was bored one Saturday and turned to On Demand. Sex and the City seasons 1 and 2 were available. I had nothing to do, so I decided to see what the big deal was. By episode 3 or 4 I was HOOKED! LOL! I was so into it. Every month, On Demand offered a new season and I caught up on the entire show. When the movie came out recently, I was ecstatic. I knew whether good or bad, it would offer an opportunity to catch up with my old friends - see what the gals have been up to! I made plans with a girl from church to go tonight (I also waited because I have a free movie ticket and I had to wait 2 weeks to see SATC with it). Then I realized that tonight is Game 6 in the NBA Finals and my Lakers are playing. I've decided to let my femininity and affinity for the show take over my love for the game. (I figure the Lakers are going to win it all so there will be a Game 7 later this week anyway!!). Tonight I'll be one of "those" girls just like the ones that wanted to flip from the Super Bowl to Sex and the City. My my how times change!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin