8.03.2009

New Month, New Mission

Ahhh, August 2009. How quickly this year is flying by!!! I'm really excited about this month. I've got so many projects going (in my head) and it is time to get them going. Something feels good about August - it always feels good at this time of year. Maybe it is because I'm used to the going back to school season (I attended 13 years of school, then 4 years of college, then taught school, then worked at a university, then went to law school for 3 years so I'm pretty conditioned to the "new year" starting in August.)
I've been feeling so unclear and confused as to how to proceed with my life. I decided to go on a mind, body and spirit cleanse. August is all about opening myself up for what is to come. I'm doing the 10 day master cleanse. I've incorporated prayer and meditation w/the cleanse. I read 15 chapters of Psalms daily, "Science of Mind" and Wayne Dyer's "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life". I do affirmations in the morning and journal throughout the day, and take a 30 minute walk w/Joel Osteen and Marianne Williamson podcasts in the evening. (I'm even working while I sleep. I read about this process of asking the Universe a question at night and receiving your answer in your dreams. First thing you do in the AM is record what happened in your dreams.) After that 10 days, I plan to incorporate other methods of prayer/meditation (I learned this great concept 70x7 where you say an intention 70 times a day for a week). In regards to my career, I recognize I'm at a point where I need some help. It is pretty out of character for me to seek help because I'm so independent, but this time I did. I'm meeting this week with several folks: one organization helps small business owners become equipped for their endeavors and the other is someone I think is going to be pretty influential in my goals (more to come later).
As you can tell, I'm pretty excited! I know some big things are about to happen this month and I'm going to be ready! Speaking of big things happening this month, shout outs to two of my favorite K's: Happy Early Bday Karla and *Kay!!!!

3 comments:

enorman said...

A cleanse always leads to the right amount of clarity to light your path! So proud of you chica! :)

Luvelyo said...

Davida. I'm so excited for you and I know that with your faith, drive and motivation you will be successful. Get it!

kay* said...

awwwwwwww you are to sweet :)

i can't wait to read about what experiences you have this month. august IS a fab month ;) i'm reading 'the purpose driven life' as suggested by my bestie. it's more spiritual than i tend to go for in my self-hep/learning books (it's christian based) but it has made me think of some questions that i haven't really thought of...we'll see - it's a 40 day book so i'll let you know how that goes :)

good things are in store for you i tell ya. you have so much good going on and do so much work that you will be rewarded - i know it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin