5.29.2008

The Little Things

I have something. It is either a cold or allergies, I don't know what it is, but because of it, I remember how much I enjoy breathing. It is a simple thing that I forget because it is so automatic but now that I can't breathe through my nose, I miss it so much. Especially when I am sleeping - the waking up in the middle of the night because I can't breathe sucks. And as much as I hate to type this, I like mucous - well I like when the mucous flows instead of staying stuck in my head causing me to be congested. Remembering how something as simple as breathing brings me joy reminded me of some other things that I had forgotten I enjoy and have been lucky enough to experience lately ...
- Talking on the phone for hours with someone who understands me
- Playing catch with a cat (Ziggy really does kick the ball back to me)
- Reading fiction for pleasure (TWILIGHT is amazing)
- Playing make believe with friends
- Being in like
- Moving and being as if everything is alright right now
- Doing art projects even though I'm the only person who views it as art
- Creating characters in my own stories
- Going to the park and beach
- Lying in bed with friends watching TV
- Being excited about season finales
- Dancing until the sun comes up
- Having something to believe in

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin