Hmmm, sounds a lot like Carrie Bradshaw to me.
- I brought in the official bday w/one of my fav activities; talking, eating cake (red velvet cake no doubt) and drinking wine w/my old roomie/friend Ms. Bianca.
- I got to work for my this guy (the lead singer) ... I literally feared his presence, even over the phone ... :
Apollo .Astro Disco.1979
Uploaded by capitainfunkk. - See the latest featured music videos.
- I went to back to my college homecoming (it was 10 years after I'd graduated).
- I left L.A. - destination unknown; I officially moved to New Orleans in February.
- I attended a women's conference/retreat in the woods!
- Went to the Price is Right.
- I experienced the death of my younger first cousin; first time I ever lost someone so close that was younger than me. I had to speak at her funeral and I did so w/o breaking down.
- I worked on set for a major motion picture - first time having a job that required me to be on set the entire filming process. (I have worked on movies before but not in this way.)
- Meet a spiritual advisor/teacher.
- For the first time ever, painted a wall in an apartment I am renting (always wanted to but always felt it wasn't worth it since I was just renting).
- Got the IPhone ... finally.
- I got to celebrate my friends: 3 got married, 2 had babies, 1 opened a salon, 1 bought a house, 1 got a new job as a Physician's Assistant at a great hospital, 1 is shopping around her script - good stuff all around!
- Had a professional photo shoot.
- Started a company thus becoming a brand.
- Waited tables again ... as my one job (not like a PT job thing, I was only a waitress).
- Got laid off for the first time ever and had to get unemployment (I used to think that was like welfare, now I know it is not b/c I paid for it over the years).
- Got more of a web presence.
- Fell in love twice. One love was not returned (in fact that love was crapped on) and the other love was mutual (even though situations caused made it impossible for anything to develop from it).
- Took a meditation class, an astrology class and a soul development class.
- Read a ton of books and got into Deepak Chopra.
- Found my inner rock star and let her come out to play a lot more often!
- Audubon Park - This park is BEAUTIFUL! One of my favorite activities is going outside to journal. I find that a bit difficult in New Orleans because it is so hot and humid. I do find that at this park if I sit under a huge tree, it is not so bad. Here's the view from my fav spot.
The River - I love water, generally the ocean and the beach, but I'm adjusting to only having the river here. Sometimes I like to go sit and watch the water roll by. Generally I do this downtown by the Quarters but on Sunday, I drove along the river. So nice, so relaxing.
I absolutely loved Los Angeles for its beauty and never thought I'd love another city so much. My love affair with New Orleans is totally different than that one. This love feels more real and seems to be one I'm more open to explore!
Last night I launched my starter website which you can visit here. Today an old friend I met in Indiana is coming to visit ... and she's a hot girl too! We're going to be rockstars today and in rare form - I haven't seen her sincce the Miami bday celebration nearly 3 years ago!!! I'm working promotions at the festival on Saturday and Sunday, but today, I'm just hanging w/my girls and doing the darn thing. We're going to the the seminars this afternoon and we'll get to see my favorite reality star, Ms. NeNe from "The Real Housewives of Atlanta". Steve Harvey will be doing a relationship forum and my old flame Malik Yoba will be on the panel (he doesn't know he's my old flame but he was regardless if he knew or not!). Tonight is the highlight, we are going to see Beyonce in concert! I'm also super excited because in addition to "the baddest chick in the game" Solange Knowles is in the Essence Super Lounge (I saw her live a few months back and she ROCKED it). So yes, I'm having a lovely day. Wishing you one as well!!! Enjoy Mr. Withers!