3.17.2009

Somethings Come Back Around

I must be in some sort of "do over" pattern. In the last couple of days, I've been getting the opportunity to re-do some things, some positive, some not. What do you think?
  • I am from a small town so I went to classes from grade school through high school with the pretty much the same people (we were in the accelerated program so the only differences were people whose families would move into and out of town). Anyway one of my favorite people was a girl Valerie Bushnelle. She was so "edgy" even back then (yep in 4th grade she got her hair cut into spikes!). Anywho, I ran into her on facebook and today we are going to lunch. I haven't seen her since graduation and I see this one as a positive!
  • I always desired to work in entertainment and in college there was a locally based company that was making national headlines. I applied SEVERAL times for an internship but they were not trying to hear me. I moved on and left home (which was a positive b/c the next stop was Indiana where I had some of my best days). Anywho, I ran into the former CEO of the company on Saturday night. We talked today and maybe able to work together soon ... and notice now it is "work together" as opposed to "me needing to intern b/c I have no skills". Good stuff!
  • I just saw a commercial for "The Fast and Furious" with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker ... ummmmm didn't this happen already?
  • I have this "friend" that didn't think I should leave L.A. Obviously I thought I should because I did. Our last conversation was in November and it was not so good. So yesterday I got a text from him asking what city I live in. When I replied NOLA he was like can I crash on your sofa on Thursday b/c something about he can't check into the hotel until Friday. My initial reaction was like yeah b/c I felt bad. But then I got to thinking hell no - this fool didn't even know where I live b/c we haven't talked in forever. I called back and said I had to think about it and let him know. Am I being overly analytical on this one?

4 comments:

Shamira-Christine said...

i'm glad so many positive things are happening for you! regarding the last scenario: i always believe you should do what is in your heart, and that's usually what your initial reaction is...he must be really desperate to be reaching out blindly for a place to stay. now i wouldn't go out of my way; if it's convenient and fits into your schedule then sure, but even then, i wouldn't be overly eager to rehash the "same ole" type of friendship you guys once had...that's my two cents...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the good things happening in your life. You deserve it all! As for the dude...kick him to the curb. Let me just remind you of all the times you've given ultra judgemental people second/third/fourth/fifth chances only to get hurt and used...dare I mention Matt? You're better than this, but I also think you have a huge heart so I won't be surprised if you do let him crash. Just tread lightly my dear.

DaVida Chanel said...

LOL! Thank you so much for your advice ladies. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I am going to take Shamira's advice and see how I feel in the AM and Josey's advice and remember how easily I get caught up in other people's drama. THANKS LADIES!

Karla said...

I agree with Shamira and Josey. Also, be careful of the energy you let in your new living space. Particularly since I haven't been there to make sure it has the proper feng shui. Ugh! When did we become so "new age"?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin