I feel like I'm pretty much over living in Los Angeles. I've come to terms with no beach here and am dealing with the weather which is much hotter and more humid. One thing I'm not over is the grocery store Trader Joe's. It was amazing - it is like a discount Whole Foods. I love their soups ESPECIALLY the tomato soup. It is so great and I need that tonight. Tonight I seek comfort.
I get so emotional sometimes. I get extremely scared and I find myself not functioning from the soul level. My ego screws me all up and I get so confused as to what is real and what isn't. I seek some answers and at the time I can only see my pain. It is hard to see anything from anyone else's point of view and I just see my hurt.
I had a lot of emotional pain today - probably most self inflicted but it still hurts. I wish I had some Trader Joe's soup. I went and got a cup from Whole Foods - let's home it rises to the challenge.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyworld/Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (good ole Church choir!)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you were not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (both - now I miss the beach again)
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (I'm an extra in "Friday Night Lights")
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (in the process of!)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been laid off from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
I haven't done as much on this list as I'd like - gotta get that passport some work!!!
- Today was the first "official" day of mine on the new gig. I am a production assistant on a feature shooting here in New Orleans. It is a big budget picture and I find the subject matter interesting. I found today that I like physical production. We mostly walked and drove around locations with the art department but it was so interesting to me. For instance, the project is set post civil war so they were discussing how to make simple changes like what to do with the numbers on the homes to make them look period. I never really thought about stuff like that before so this is a great learning experience. It is also exciting to see modern homes turn into that period in days. VERY exciting.
- I'm also finally feeling like my apartment is home. I feel really comfortable and am enjoying my space. It takes time to make a place home and there are still tons of improvements I'd like to make but right now it is cool.
- I'm enjoying physical activity! I do not like working out -it is like pulling teeth. I started walking just to get out and get moving. I really like it. I listen to positive and motivational podcasts and enjoy the sites around my neighborhood. I see something new each time I go out for a walk.
- I paid my taxes!!!!!!
- I've got a new creative idea I'm pursuing. It is way big for me and I'll definitely need to bring other people in at some point but I'm excited about the groundwork I need to put into the idea. I'm not yet ready to share (it is REALLY big) but more details to come.
- I'm going to be an auntie soon!!! My friend Karla is expecting and very soon we should have a new baby!
This is called 50 FIRST REACTIONS. Type what comes to your mind FIRST whenever you see these 50 words. Don’t think and don’t go back and change. Doesn’t matter how random it is, just type it!
- 1. Beer: Good when cold sucks when not
- 2. Food: I love to eat
- 3. Relationships: working on the one w/self
- 4. Your CRUSH: ARGH drives me up a wall and shouldn't be my crush anymore but hey what are you gonna do?
- 5. Power Rangers: LMAO! I actually know one!
- 6. Life: aaahhhh life - how great this adventure is
- 7. The President: Is A M A Z I N G
- 8. Yummy: "Yummy yummy yummy I've got food in my tummy!"
- 9. Cars: Driving on an open highway
- 10. Movies: Love watching movies on lazy days!
- 11. Halloween: One of my favorites; I love playing dress up on regular days so Halloween is fun!
- 12. Sex: I really like sex LOL! No REALLY! I think my college psychology of sexuality imprinted on my brain that women reach their peak in their 30's ...
- 13. Religion: Is overrated; KNOWING and defining your own spirituality and living from that knowledge is where its at :)
- 14. Hate: is whack! At the end of the day where does it get us anyway?
- 15. Fear: is whack! LOL! But it can make things really complicated.
- 16. Marriage: Would be nice but I guess it is just not my time
- 17. Blondes: Have more fun? Tell Christina Milan - poor girl been getting dissed since she went that shade
- 18. Slippers: are good - wearing some fuzzy, cozy ones now :)
- 19. Shoes: are my weakness; I think shoes are what makes us women look sexy
- 20. Asians: that's a weird one ... what am I supposed to say about Asians?
- 21. Past time: Visioning
- 22. One night stand: ahhhh brings us back to No. 12
- 23. My cell phone: needs to be upgraded
- 24. Smoke: mmmmhhhmmmm it is almost the holiday dedicated to smoking
- 25. Fantasy: I'd like to start living the fantasy I have for my life
- 26. College: Was a big growing point in my life
- 27. High school life: was whack! I don't have fond memories of that time.
- 28. Pajamas: Love PJ's ... see #18
- 29. Stars: 1,000 stars in the sky and that's the reason why ...
- 30. Center: Finding your center is important before pursuing new goals
- 31. Alcohol: I need some alcohol (rubbing alcohol that is) for this bug bite on my leg ... itchy!
- 32. The word love: is wildly over-used and even more times, incorrectly used.
- 33. Friends: how many of us have them?
- 34. Money: comes and goes
- 35. Heartache: is tough
- 36. Time: is probably more vast than we can imagine
- 37. Divorce: seems to defeat the purpose
- 38. Dogs: can be loyal
- 39. Undies: have to compliment your outfit
- 40. Parents: are responsible for cultivating young lives ... a huge responsibility that some people just don't take seriously enough
- 41. Babies: are a real responsibility
- 42. Ex: Hmmmm, not sure who that would be since the last few dudes I dated didn't know they were in a relationship!
- 43. Song: sing me a song ...
- 44. Color: Necessary for this spring
- 5. Weddings: Aren't as important as the vows and meaning behind the ceremony
- 46. Pizza: has gotten creative these days
- 47. Hangout: not as much as I used to
- 48. Rest: is good.
- 49. Goal: to become all that I'm destined to become.
- 50. Inspiration: Knowing that I'm never truly alone because I know God is always with me.
I had an appointment with a new "therapist" to help me with my issues. He was great. We had a great connection and felt as if I'd known him for some time. I got tons of insight on my current situations, and even some work to do. After it was done, I got a call from my friend who was in town and we decided to go to dinner. She even brought me a hot date :)
My friend and her bright eyed boy took me out to dinner at good ole' Houston's (second dinner there this week!). We had a great time chatting and catching up.
I'll say today was a good day :)
Tomorrow I'm going get a hairstyle I've wanted for YEARS but never got. Let's hope it turns out right. (I've got all confidence in Dee who is doing my do on tomorrow! After all her name is Dee like my nickname how bad can it be?). I'm getting a weave - partially b/c in my attempt b/c as I was cleaning out my stuff I found my $350 "good hair" from Xtensions Plus that I bought and only wore for like 3 weeks. I'm going to let her cut it and hopefully I'll look like this:
I'm also cleaning up some crap this week. I have a tendency to hold on to things way past their time - I have some pants I bought when I was in college. They don't fit well (I'm not sure they ever did but they were on sale) and they are no longer in style but I keep them around b/c they are consistent (meaning I can wear them in a "work" setting). Time for them and the other stuff that is just festering in my closet to go. I am tossing old makeup I never use, the random sheets of paper (YES! I drove from Texas to California and then from Cali' to Louisiana with freaking paper!). This paper is random printing paper that is no longer bright white but kind of dingy that I didn't want to throw away b/c I might have to print something (even though the whole time in Cali' I never bought ink for my printer). Well it is getting tossed! I've got several earrings with no matches I was hoping the missing one would show up and it hasn't. I've got so much random crap it makes it hard for new stuff to come in. And that is the goal this week - releasing so I can make room for what is trying to come in.
I've said before how I have so many great, loving friends. But I tend to spend so much time on the random folks that may or may not care about me that I don't have time to build upon those solid friendships. So this week is about exploring what I'm getting out of those taxing relationships and letting it go!
I'm detoxing this week - so all that crappy stuff let over in my body - yep it has got to go too! Yep, I'm getting rid of EVERYTHING this week - if it no longer serves me it is time to LET GO! I'm ready because at the end of this week if I'm left with nothing, I'll still be left with me ... the real me sans the stuff and that sounds just fine to me.
Are you being led to this or are you chasing this?